Vulnerability analysis, also known as vulnerability assessment, is a process that identifies, defines and classifies the security holes or vulnerabilities in a computer, network or communications infrastructure. In addition, vulnerability analysis can forecast the effectiveness of proposed countermeasures and evaluates their actual effectiveness after they are put into operation.
Vulnerability analysis consists of several steps:
• Defining and classifying network or system resources
• Assigning relative levels of importance to the resources
• Identifying potential threats to each resource
• Developing a strategy to prioritize the most serious problems
• Defining and implementing ways to minimize the consequences if an attack occurs
Call us today for a FREE consultation.